Friday, March 25, 2011

newblogmar2511












































We recently returned from a very enjoyable trip to Southern California to get away from the cold and see some sun. It was a lot of fun. We spent time mostly sightseeing. We went to Old Town in San Diego, bought humongous strawberries at a big strawberry field and sales stand, did a session at the temple, walked on the beach and picked up rocks and shells, ate at some great restaurants including a little hole in the wall called Ruby's which had 'fifties decorations and food to match. We also rode the train to Old Town instead of driving the car and that was a great experience. We went to a seaside shopping area in San Diego that we love to go to. It is fun to just sit on a bench and watch the boats go in and out of the bay but we also went in little shops and bought stuff. Jerry bought me two beautiful turquoise necklaces because I couldn't decide on which one to get. A little Mexican lady had made them and they are pretty. We went in other little shops but did not get much. Our friends from our mission to Cove Fort, the Terrys went with us. The weather was good while we were there but the earthquake and tsunami in Japan happened, too, and so we watched for high tides but they did not come. By the way, Grandpa Charlie's daughter, Jan, died. Duane called and told me the other day when he read it in the newspaper up there. I haven't seen her for a few years. The last time was when we took some of Grandpa Charlie's things that I found among Mom's stuff, up to her. She was very pleasant and so was Russ. We always put flowers on Charlie and Hat's graves, too, on Memorial Day. Jerry and I are going up to the viewing. I think that is all we will do because we were not close in any way. Never exchanged Christmas or birthday cards or anything. Last night BYU lost their game with Florida in the Sweet Sixteen of basketball. It went into overtime but we ran out of steam I think. Anyway, it was a good run while it lasted. Saw your cousin Katy day before yesterday when she cut Jerry's hair. She is fine and says her folks are, too. We had a long talk with Dean the other day and he seems to be doing well, at least better than he was. It has been nearly a year since Della passed away and I think time heals many wounds. Kent and Jill are back from their mission to Canada and they gave their report in their ward last Sunday and had an open house afterward. We didn't get back from California til later in the afternoon so we went over then and they are looking good. I don't know about you but I am ready for Summer. Winter has had its' day and now I hope we begin to have a good warm Spring. We were late to the high school Spring Concert Tuesday night and missed the singing groups that Taylor and Henson were in but we got to hear the rest and it was very good. I am sure their choirs were great, too. The Miss Pleasant Grove/Strawberry Days Queen contest is Saturday night. I think they have 11 girls running this year. Angie is doing all of that for the paper and I am glad to not have to do it. I did it for all those, about 30, years and that was enough. I have to do my visiting teaching later this afternoon because I don't want to do it the last day. I have a great partner, though, and we always have a good visit between ourselves as well as with the ladies we visit. I have asked Jerry to show you some of the photos we took on our trip to California. Hope you enjoy them. Have a good day and give all the kids a hug for me.

I am including a bunch of pictures we took on our trip so I hope you enjoy seeing them.! Sam or Mom, whatever fits!





No comments:

Post a Comment